My name is Beka and I’m a live illustrator or ‘scribe‘ based in the North of England.
Live drawing or live illustration has many names including: taking Visual Minutes, Scribing and Graphic Recording.
Visual minutes (the artwork produced during a live illustration session) are a pictorial representation of the happenings, discussions and thoughts that have been captured by an artist (i.e. me!) at different events, such as festivals, meetings, seminars and conferences.
Below are a selection of graphic recordings I’ve created over the last few years. All of the work you see below was created live over the course of a day, or a half day.
I have worked for: Changing Relations, the New Citizenship Project, the NHS, Bradford Healthwatch, Kirklees Council, Notwestminster, Leeds University’s Medical Health Department, the University of Sheffield, Manchester University, Preston Council, Calderdale Libraries and many more UK based organisations.
How it works!
All of my clients receive:
- a short, pre-event consultation (usually a 30 minute conversation by phone or Zoom) to discuss potential themes for the drawings produced, along with preferred colour schemes (I can scribe to match any branding / logo requirements)
- half or full days of scribing throughout your event (either in person or via a live stream)
- one full day of finishing touches in order to complete and digitise all the artwork produced
- a PDF of the final artwork
(individual images AND a composite image if more than one image has been produced)
- the physical artworks couriered to customers at a location of their choosing
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)7947 578181 if you would like me to capture your event.